Tour will mark a return to Australia for the first time since 2015
The Harlem Globetrotters and the Melbourne, Australia-based LK Group announced a partnership today that will bring the Globetrotters back to Australia for the first time since 2015 as part of a strategic partnership with Australia’s National Basketball League.
To tip off the partnership, the Globetrotters will play 12 shows in 10 Australian cities, beginning on Friday, April 13 at Bendigo Stadium in Bendigo and concluding on Sunday, April 22 at Perth’s Perth Arena.
The tour will be promoted by the LK Group, a global company that owns the NBL and operates across a diverse range of industries, including sports, property, technology, human resources, and business transformation.
“The Harlem Globetrotters have entertained millions of people all over the world for 92 years and we are excited to welcome them back to Australia,” said NBL owner and Executive Director Larry Kestelman.
“We want to bring the biggest and best basketball events to Australia. We are in the business of delivering great family entertainment, and the Harlem Globetrotters are just that,” said Howard Smith, the president of Harlem Globetrotters International, expressing his excitement for both the tour and the partnership.
“The Globetrotters have entertained fans in 123 countries over our history, and this partnership is evidence that our global brand is as strong as ever,” said Smith. “We look forward to returning Down Under this month, and to working with the NBL to entertain fans throughout Australia for years to come.”
The Harlem Globetrotters will bring their 2018 “Amazing Feats of Basketball” World Tour to the following Australian cities:
- Bendigo Stadium in Bendigo on Friday, April 13 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Margaret Court Arena in Melbourne on Saturday, April 14 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Qudos Bank Arena in Sydney on Sunday, April 15 at 7 p.m.
- WIN Sports & Entertainment Centres in Wollongong on Monday, April 16 at 7 p.m.
- AIS Arena in Canberra on Tuesday, April 17 at 7 p.m.
- Derwent Entertainment Centre in Hobart on Wednesday, April 18 at 7 p.m.
- Cairns Convention Centre in Cairns on Thursday, April 19 at 7 p.m.
- Brisbane Entertainment Centre in Brisbane on Friday, April 20 at 7 p.m.
- Perth Arena in Perth on Sunday, April 22 at 7 p.m.